While the bebbies had a duvet day, Jo and I :-
- Moved a bale of silage up to the mares’ field
- Made sure everyone had their fair share
- Dished out wormer in some hard feed to Andy, Charlie and Hammy while making sure Indy didn’t have any, as he was wormed with our last bit of wormer a few weeks’ back.
- Removed a bucket from Indy’s whiskers (how?), collected up the finished buckets and told Indy he was speshul.
- Mucked out three stables and bebbies shed.
- Fed the bebbies their Sunday lunch – they said thank you very much, ate it all up and nodded off for their Sunday afternoon snooze.
- Had a cup of tea and a cheese sarnie.
Then I drove home and luckily found Taktur lurking around the garden gate asking to be fed. So I fashioned a rough head collar from some sash window cord that I found and led him through the garden (sssh, don’t tell OH. It is the quickest non-muddiest route) to feed him his grub. A small hoover-type dog helped too.
I put out Taktur’s haynet which takes about 4 hours for him to finish. Taktur is the slowest eater ever and so I removed hoover-type dog who is a fast eater, funnily enough.
When I find Taktur by the front door, I will give him a carrot and quickly/silently nip back through the garden to let him out into his field!