Well, it has been a worrying day of waiting. We dropped off BeAnne at 08.30 at a different branch of our usual vet’s (Scalloway) as they had the scanning machine plus the specialist vet there.
Afterwards, we drove over to Houlls Horses and Hounds to leave the animal transport container that the Muscovy ducks had travelled to us in.
We spent a lovely morning there being thoroughly distracted, which is exactly what we needed.
This is Esja’s home! It was good to see her.
Lunch and a few messages in town and we drove back to collect Her Maj and talk to the vet. We were told that they had found an unidentifiable mass in her liver which they were not sure about because it was an area hard to see. It didn’t look the rupturing type (think Loki and Wu) and could well be benign or nothing but her liver enzymes remain high and her teeth are revolting. The plan is she starts antibiotics and a specialist hepatic diet plus I have ordered Protexin Danamarin tablets (contains “natural ingredients which protect and repair liver tissues from the effects of toxins or drugs and so improve liver function”) – as recommended by the vet with a view to taking blood again in two weeks and reviewing whether her liver enzymes have lowered and she can have a dental.
As I type, BeAnne is utterly miserable, refusing anything and can’t get comfortable but she had a mild sedative and had been singing all day with her neighbour so I think she is exhausted and feeling a bit sore from the scan – the vet said she had to prod.
We will go day by day now and play the wait-and-see game. It’s all we can do. x