Today our neighbour sold me this very useful henhouse so we went over with the van and collected it.
With a little bit of titivation (thank you OH), it became perfectly functional – and much needed. I wanted to move the ducklings outside.
So we lugged hurdles and salmon net and then, between us, created our new duck-run-and-house.
The salmon net was cut to size.
Then came the duck catching. Armed with a tadpole net (from someone’s childhood), I got Mother-Duck and carried her over.
And then easily caught the ducklings – all 11 of them (we popped them in a pet carrier and made a few journeys).
Everyone was a bit surprised at the sudden relocation.
So, here is their new abode – nice and, hopefully, safe.
And yes, Mother-Duck remains ungrateful and resentful. There is no pleasing some ducks.
The best bit is that I can now see them from the kitchen window!
In other news, Vitamin was more than happy to be caught today!