Theory – If I stop, I will seize up.
Today, I decided to burn the wood in my derelict croft house at Clothie. I want to turn one of the houses or sheds into a shelter for the Bebbies. Clothie, all 5 acres, is going to be their new home. It is close by and just perfect for them. We need a roof though on one of the houses/sheds. So we had a bonfire of all the brick (rubbish). The original house had been left by its inhabitants with all the furniture, etc about 20-30 years ago.
Apparently Clothie had been a school as well. This room is attached but completely separate from the main house. They both have front doors.
This is one of the byres (sheds).
We found many bits and pieces. All intriguing.
So I made a big bonfire to burn the rotten wood. OH kept back anything he might use.
BeAnne and Loki came with us and were very unhelpful by having a fight over a rabbit. This photo was taken after everyone had been shouted at.
Next, I :-
- dished out the silage to my Icelandics
- fed Taktur and put him back
- cleaned out the bebbies’ bedroom and put in new straw
- rode Haakon outside taking BeAnne with me for walk
- cleared up the silage that was blowing about and covering any spring grass
- dished out more silage as the first portion was fairly mean
- caught Taktur, tacked him up and, and, and…..
….. rode him! I have to ride Taktur every day (Mon-Fri) for 20 minutes asking him to walk out, stretch and bend. I am just getting used to his huge stride and we are getting to know each other too.
Let’s just say I have an enormous grin on my face.
(I might be feeling a tad exhausted now)